Saturday, November 05, 2005

Last Day.

I didn't want to leave. It's a temp job, paid badly, took a huge chunk of my time, and yet I wanted to stay. But I woke up and faced reality. Applying to schools and traveling is very expensive. So Monday, it's back to substitute teaching. Sometimes challenging, sometimes rewarding, but very flexible with good pay.

I kept thinking, why is it hard for me to leave? It's because I hate disappointing folks. When I feel needed, even if the situation is not to my advantage, I want to stay. I was finally able to leave, because I realized that even though they needed me, they didn't need me. It was the strangest station. I had fun with my coworkers. Some of them were so honest and real, and I love that. I'm going to miss them. I won't miss people thinking I was semi-intelligent cuz I was a temp. People were always shocked by the books I was reading. As if to say admin. asst. don't read.

I left on a high note. They had this huge party at the beach for their customers. Free food, and free games. I ate very strategically, won 3 basketballs, for myself and my bros. In addition, I received $60 for a cab home. It was so hard for me not to pocket the money and take the bus home. But I taught, I know if I feel safe. But if something happens to me, on 3 hour ride home at 10pm, when I could have been in a cab, it would be hard to live with the guilt.

lots of good stuff happened this week. (Russian class was bad as usual- but I'm determined to be fluent, so I'll suffer through it) Anyways, I went to a stage play called STEM. It was really good. Great acting, good singing and dancing. So I went on the web to find out when the next show will be. I couldn't find a thing. However I checked out "fatimalowe.com". She has a beautiful website, and eventually I'll probably get the cd.

No comments: