Friday, February 17, 2006

A new way of thinking

My last post was off. I am so glad that no one reads my pages. That way I don't have to feel guilty about things I write. So here's the thing. It's not that what I said was wrong. It is just that I listened to this amazing talk that really helped me put things into perspective. The issue isn't which religion is right or wrong, the issue is how are we going to live together. Am I going to show love to people who I disagree with and try to understand why God is bringing them into my life? Am I going to try and understand why God has allowed this religion to exist for hundreds of years and actually grow in strength and numbers?

The talk I listened to was so on point. The author I felt was pretty gracious in discussing Islam. He didn't focus too much on controversial points. Instead his main thesis was that Muslims are getting something right that Christians are getting wrong. This is the issue of morality. We say we believe in God and yet our nation, society and culture is so secular and accepts practices that are clearly against God's word. So the issue are we going to focus on Islam as the enemy? Or are we going to face the enemy of complacency within our own faith, our churches and in our lifestyles?

No comments: