Anyways, I'm very excited that I finished with classes yesterday! On Monday, I start with two clinical which should provide excellent hands on experience before I start working. Really looking forward to working with kids and hopefully helping them lots.
Recently my church started a very interesting project. They decided that they wanted to encourage members to tweet as much as possible about the series of sermons on "The Sermon on the Mount". The way the contest works is that the individual who posts the most tweets about the sermons or their insights from Matthew 5-7, wins an ipad. During this month you are allowed to use your phone during the sermon to post tweets. I was a little skeptical at first. But then I started enjoying it. For the first time it felt like I was engaged in a discussion about the sermon with people. Twitter allows you to see all the individuals who are posting about the same topic when you use the #(hashtag) function.
But then it became very clear that there were two guys who were playing to win. These guys have posted over 16,000 times in less than three weeks. So there is no longer any conversation, just these two guys posting what appear to be various song lyrics and random Christianese. I am kind of sad about this. I was looking forward to a churchwide discussion, that could expand to other churches and possibly go nationwide. Now it's just these two guys talking to themselves. Anyways if you are interested in finding out more, go to newsongla.net or twitter.com and type in #tftm in the search box.
No comments:
Post a Comment