Thursday, June 23, 2011

Global Kids

 

I’m experimenting with a new way to update the blog. I don't think it will make me update more frequently but it will be easier.

According to Challies guidelines on starting a blog, the first thing you need is a theme.  See that’s what I haven’t been able to figure out in the 5 years I’ve had a blog.  At first I thought I would write about books I’ve liked. Then I thought it could be more autobiographical in preparation. But I don’t always have interesting things going in my life so I thought my readers would be bored. Then I considered having it be more like a travel journal. But I started school and I don’t travel as much. Plus a lot of times I go on trips where I don’t think I should go into any real detail about what we are doing on the internet. Also I used to have a few friends who blogged so then it was fun to have a an online conversation. But most of them have stopped. So there you have it. 5 years of meandering through blog posts.  I do have to say that I think it is very interesting that I read Challies and Don Miller’s blogs. Such different perspectives, yet really amazing writers.

I’m going to search within myself and see if I can come up with a theme.

Tommorow is my last day at this amazing  clinical site. I’ve learned so much and really enjoy working with the kids.  Hoping to start my own clinic in a few years.  I’m so excited that a nonprofit such as this exists.

Finally, a few weeks ago Chase conducted a giving campaign on facebook.  Non profits who got the most votes would win between 25,000 to 500,000.  So my friend has a really cool organization developing leadership skills among students.  However they didn't make it into the top ten.  However, Chase went back and looked at the ideas and they ended up winning $200,000. So excited for them!!

 

No comments: