Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Ebola

Currently I'm obsessed with following news about Ebola. If I had my way, I'd be in Liberia or Sierra Leone fighting ebola on the front lines. But since I don't have that opportunity now, I'm doing my best to fight from the sidelines. What exactly am I fighting? Ignorance, hysteria and apathy. I try to highlight positive work being done and encourage people to donate at every opportunity I can. If I can convince just one friend to give who wasn't thinking about it, I will consider myself successful. Even better would be to get folks talking about ways that we can advocate and spread information about how to support local organizations fighting on the frontline. One of my friends from college has created a wonderful website that allows you to give. The funds are sent directly to their four partner organizations in Liberia/Sierra Leone/Guinea. Please donate No contribution is too small or too big and feel free to share the link The other giving opportunity allows you to complete a deposit or wire transfer directly to three organizations in Africa. Please read this letter for more information Bank Deposit or wire transfer I follow the news on Ebola deeply to stay up to date on what's going on media and world wide on the Ebola front.

No comments: