Saturday, January 16, 2016

Whatever is beneficial...

I really enjoy giving advice and telling other people what to do.  But then there comes this moment when you realize that maybe you are the one that needs that particular advice.

I was having a conversation with a good friend. And I said, you always have to ask yourself why you are doing something. Longevity is not necessarily a reason to keep doing something.  In light of that I started evaluating if I should keep blogging.  When I originally started I wanted this to be a sort of online diary/journal.  It would also serve as a place where I could practice my writing and hopefully start improving.  In addition when I finally had the time and energy to write my memoirs/ autobiography I would have a place to go to collect my thoughts.  Last but not least, I thought it might be an easy way to keep in touch with friends near and fear.

In the past few years, it's been really hard for me to blog consistently. Either because I was tired, or sad/depressed or because I wasn't able to share easily about the things I was going through, whether good or bad. And so what I'm able to put on this blog became very narrow, and I feel not particularly interesting. Moreover, I don't have that many readers so it's like I'm writing these kind of vague updates to one or two people.  So I don't know if I should a) stop the blog since it's not really fulfilling its purposes, b) revamp the blog and change it's focus and purpose.

On another note, I attended a wedding yesterday. I experienced many firsts. The most striking was we ate before the wedding ceremony, which was pretty nice.  Secondly, I don't believe a single bible verse was read or quoted during the ceremony. I definitely missed the bible verses and a solid biblical exhortation.

No comments: