I always forget how much I hate rejection, until I receive one! 2016 is such a year of uncertainity. Possibilities but uncertainity. Will this be the year I finally get to plan a wedding? Will I be moving to a different city? Getting a new job? Don't know! And that is my personal update.
Life is always full of bittersweet news. 2 years ago 276 girls were kidnapped from their school in Chibok Nigeria. The government ignored it, but a group of courageous individuals refused to let this crisis be ignored. They organized, they protested, even at risk to themselves and finally this issue was brought to the world's attention. I hoped this meant that now that it had international attention, the girls would be found quickly and returned home. But months passed, nothing happened and the issue faded from our attention.
Now it's been over 2 years since the kidnapping. They are still missing. I started looking around for information and ideas of what I could do to help. I can't travel to Chibok or Abuja. But that's the wonderful thing about the internet. If you search you can find. So now I have a long list of ways I can do something. And hopefully if a few of us do what we can and raise our collective voices, justice will finally be served and the Chibok girls rescued.
Here's a link to things you can do:
What You Can Do
Join me in praying and acting to help bring them back home. #HopeEndures
No comments:
Post a Comment