Sunday, October 23, 2005

Reunion

I only write 10% of the things I want to. Ugh.

First off I had the craziest dream last week. Usually I can't remember my dreams but when I woke up, I remembered clearly and I was shaken. In this dream a team/family is camping and sitting at a campfire. They somehow get involved with some bad guys. As they try to get away, the girl of the family ends up hacking one of the bad guys to death with two knives. I can't tell you awful not to know what the dream meant. Who's the girl? Who's the bad guy? Why two knives. I haven't been reading scary books. Confusing, boring books but not scary. So the only way I could explain it, was stress.

For the most part I don't feel stressed about this stage of my life. But is the uncertainty affecting me more than I realized? Maybe. I don't know. All I can say is transition is never easy.

Next, this weekend I went to reunion. It was so much fun. I love seeing old friends, reliving old memories. I know I can't live in the past, but brief glimpses there are so cool. The one thing I regret, was not having the time/desire to be involved in the black community at Stanford. Now I realize that my life was so fragmented and didn't really overlap as much as I would have like. I had church, community service, and ministry but everything was very seperate. The reason I have regrets is because I did benefit in from the legacy of others, and so I wish I did more to experience that with others. Makes no sense except in my mind.

I'm waiting in anticipation for this page to be discovered by my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i did discover your page...come find me on mine ;0