I probably have to start looking for a real job. I have been steadily receiving rejections since January, so I don’t think I’ll be able to start school in the fall. The strangest thing is that I actually feel happy! I am confident that God has good plans for my life whether or not I start Grad school in the fall. In fact, since I’ll probably be in the area a little longer, I might be able to live with two of my best friends. In addition, I will be able to get more involved in church. I know it is a cliché but I believe that every disappointment is an appointment. So I am excited to see what I’ll be doing next year.
I have a new friend who is super philosophical. I love it. I always feel like I talk way too much when I’m with her, because she asks really good questions. For instance, yesterday she asked me if I knew any person who was unreasonable. Since I do, that sparked a long conversation about why people do hateful things to one another.
It’s been a really good week. What makes it good? Friends. All week I have been hanging out with different friends from out of town. As I hang out with people, I realize that I truly am blessed. First, I had the chance to hang out with a good friend from high school. She is such an encouragement to me, because she has accomplished so much. Even though she came from a difficult neighborhood and family environment, she hasn’t let those obstacles prevent her from moving forward. In addition, she’s just searching for the greater meaning and purpose of life, so it’s cool to be part of her questioning process. Then I had the chance to hang out with some friends from college. We are all at very different stages in life so it was interesting to be together in one place. And finally this weekend, I am going to hang out with my roommate from “Texas”. It’s crazy to think that in one week, I am going to hang out with people which represent 3 really different periods of my life. But God is so good, because He always reminds me of the bigger picture. As I receive each rejection, I remember that life is more than a decision an admission committee makes. And the weird thing about this week is, each person just called me to hang out, and it happened to all be in the same week. How weird is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment