One of my favorite questions to ask is, "who is your hero"? I am always surprised when people can't think of a single person they like or admire. My problem is that I have so many people it's hard to choose just one at a time. So I'm going to try to have heroes in seperate categories. This is just a very short list.
Right now my favorite actor is DOn Cheadle. I don't know that many actors who try to make the world a better place. After making a movie about the genocide in Rwanda he has tried to raise awareness about different African issues. I am not sure what exactly he's doing. But since like 2 American actors care about Africa, whatever he does his huge. Plus he is really, really talented. I won't name those people I think are bad at acting and just make a lot of money because people are obsessed.
I have so many authors I love so it's hard to just choose one. But I'll do it anyway. I'll say for books published after the year 2000, my favorite author is D0n Miller. I mean I respect people who write books that everyone can read. Like I'm starting to enjoy J0hn Piper now. However I can't think of any of my friends that I would buy a J0hn Piper book for. However, I plan to buy at least 10 of my friends D0n Millers book. In my mind he's like C.S Lewis. In that he talks about really hard topics in a normal tone of voice. And that is really hard to do.
In general I have no respect for athletes. I know it's wrong of me. Maybe it's because I'm jealous. I mean what other profession does an 18yr old have the chance to earn millions of dollars? But mostly I am against profession atheleticisim in America cuz I know too many people who don't care about education and believe they can be a millionaire if they practice basketball long enough. That being said, I have come to really respect Tiger W00ds. I first heard about him in 1994. That's right. Way back when he was a freshman in college. Some airline magazine wrote an article about him. And he seemed so smart and focused. But then he dropped out of college so I stopped reading articles about him. However, I have gained a lot of respect for him in the past two years because he seems like such a hard worker. We'll see if he can keep it up. I really hope he goes back to college and gets his degree. Not because he needs it, but because I think it will send a powerful message to all the young people that look up to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment