Thursday, May 18, 2006

Breathe

I am so thankful to be done with my test. I don't know if I did well, but I feel such joy in being free from it. It's over.

I realized that somehow I changed from being a liberal, feminist (when I was 16) to being a conservative, traditionalist. (Please understand that I use these labels very loosely) Right now I am trying to figure out what started the change. I think the first thing was the abortion issue. I realized that most feminists strongly believe that abortion is a good and neccessary thing. Since I don't, I started distancing myself from them. If they could be wrong about such a big issue, might they be wrong about everything else? Perhaps women and men are not identical, but might indeed be different. Maybe it's ok for a woman to choose to stay home with her children and take time off work. From there, I think I started thinking about the role of the government and the importance of free markets. I haven't reached any conclusions. I am merely thinking.

1 comment:

jieungrace said...

Hey Kemi! My blog has the same color scheme as your blog! I always felt like I need to know more about politics. Watching West Wing has sort of pushed me to think about things. But I also feel like I don't know where to start thinking about things like big/small government, pro-choice/life, etc. Do I view them from the framework of Christianity/the Bible? I need facts. Information. I need a website that gives me concise information...