Life has been doing some extreme things these past few weeks. First I had a mini-crisis of faith. Of course I still believe in God, and will be Christian till I die. But I suddenly realize that I am not what I've been raised to be. I'm not Pentecostal. I'm not sure what I am because I am not really conservative, and I only mildly like John Piper. This realization helped me understand why I feel out of place every single time I go to my family's church. I thought it was just style. However, I now realize that I don't really embrace the basic premise. In the midst of this process my mom's best friend died. A week later one of my parents closest friends died. In addition, somebody I am very close to was incarcerated. I woke up one day and I was like whoa, when can I take a break? I hope you never have to go visit someone who is incarcerated. You may wait all day and still have the opportunity to see your guest.
It's starting to add up. I want to quit working and just lie in bed all day. We'll see if that works out.
No comments:
Post a Comment