Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The worst day

I had one of the worst days yesterday. Ok it wasn't the worst day, it was just a little bad. About an hour after it started, I prayed " God, can we just end the day and start all over"? Unfortunately, I had to go on. So my car stopped on the freeway, and I had to make my way over to the shoulder at 2mph. Bad times. I call the tow truck. They say they'll come out in 35 minutes! Why am I still sitting in my car in the blistering sun, and hour and a half later? Finally they come, and the truck is parked right in front of my car. The operator calls me and says the driver can't see anyone in the car! I inform her that I am sitting in the car, on the passenger side (cuz it was cooler on that side) looking at the truck and the driver! Frustration! Plus in my hour in the car, I read the bible which was good, but then I kept getting mad because the mechanic took hundreds of dollars from me, didn't fix the underlying problem, and now I am stuck in a city far away from home. Thank God, that I am not afraid of the bus! So I found the number for the bus agency and went to some different places I had to while my car was being fixed. Anyways, I am really excited because it sounds like the problem is finally fixed. Over $1000 and three months later.
Then it's time to drive home. 2 hour trip right? Wrong. 6 hours! Unfortunately a truck caught on fire on the freeway, so the freeway was closed for 8 hours. The best thing about the process, I had the chance to spend 6 hours with my brother! That never happens. So maybe all that drama was worth it. Also, I realized if my car had broken down at night instead of in the morning, things would have been much worse. I would have had to pay way more towing and repairs. I just wish there was a way I could have a good attitude even when things are not going my way!

No comments: