Sunday, November 19, 2006

Learning

My life is in this strange period of transition. Applying to grad school, living in two cities, attending two churches and two weekly bible studies. It’s very unreal. But God has been so absolutely wonderful to me. I’ve been learning so much. After sort of starving last year spiritually, the last 6 months has been filled with so much knowledge and growth it has been amazing. One thing that has been so challenging for me is learning the importance of action and faith. Whether from Bible Studies, books I’m reading, friends and so on…

I’ve been reading Purpose Driven Life. Which is a quick simple read. Yet, the ideas are so profound. I need to continue to work on those areas daily. I think it’s so funny, that I chose not to read it for so long because I thought it was too basic for me. Pride just sneaks up on you sometimes. I thought it was my maturity that made me avoid the book but now I know. The other book I’m reading is “Spirit of the Disciplines”. This book explains how Christianity is a way of life. Our outward actions show our private disciplines. If we want to make the right decisions at work or elsewhere we have to be studying the Word and spending time with God to truly understand God and his desires for our lives.

No comments: