I played alot with my friends daughter. Her mom specifically told me that her daughter was getting over a cold or something. But I believed myself to have a strong immune system. So I put my face really close, played little games that involved me touching baby's face and then my face and so on. That was lots of fun. Then we went to the airport where after I found out that my flight was cancelled I decided to pass the time by eating some smelly food from the weekend. Not such a good idea. Usually smelly food is not a problem. But this day, I felt ill after a few bites. I felt a huge need to immediately visit the restroom, but I couldn't because I was waiting for my new flight to start boarding at any time. Finally, I make it on the airplane, feeling a little weird. As soon as I find some facilites, I use them and I feel much better.
I arrive at home and go to sleep. Wake up with a runny nose and that's been my adventure of the week. It's so strange because I don't think I really ever felt sick. I just developed a runny nose, and then a cough. I have a hard time staying home and resting, so I worked a lot, hung out with friends went to a couple of birthday parties and so on. Now my voice is gone. This is really hard. I never knew how much I talked until now. Today is my first day of trying not to talk. No phone calls, no meetings, and it is very, very hard. I'm also drinking lots of fluids, cough drops, pain meds. I should have done it days ago, but feelings will deceive. I felt like I was getting better every day! But now I'm serious because I need my voice!!
I would still do everything the same, but I will avoid smelly food when I'm traveling.
2 comments:
ohno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry about not keeping my baby from drooling all over you...
no worries. i must develop a stronger immune system. do you know that no one in my family has gotten sick? how can i be the weakest one?
Post a Comment