Something very interesting happened last night after bstudy. Four of us went to hang out at starbucks to continue hanging out and discussing the bible. After I had been there about 10 minutes a lady came by asking for money. She was really unusual because she was insistent that we need not give her the money. Instead, she wanted us to help pay $22 to a hotel so she and her kids would have a place to stay till the end of the month. Apparently she had run out of money and was working various jobs cleaning houses but wouldn't get paid till the end of the month.
I don't know if i believed her story, but I loved the fact that everyone wanted to help out. Everyone there that night truly wanted to show that lady compassion and we listened to her story and prayed with her. That to me was really sweet, that we tried to show Christ's love to another person. And for me it was striking because it happened right after "church"
No comments:
Post a Comment