I am very surprised that people just started making fun of Obama's name. I thought it would be a bigger issue earlier. I feel like there is so much information that we don't hear about so it's easy for the media and rumors to spread misinformation that closes people's minds. I actually think that it's admirable that I haven't heard much about it. I think it will get worse though as the campaigns continue. It's crazy to me that folks have been campaigning for over a year and a half. There is nothing new to say or do. I'm kind of tired of it already. I wish we could vote and be done with it.
I usually get a work for a call at 5:30am for the day's assignment. Even though I am pretty sleepy I punch in my number accept the assignment and go back to sleep. Today, however for some reason after I got the assignment I forgot to accept it. This normally would not be a big deal. But today I left my car at the mechanic so I wanted a job closer to home. The next call I get is for a school an hour by driving. And so it goes. I end up rejecting all these jobs which disqualifies me for a job for the day. I get kind of panicky cuz I really need to work today. I call in to the system at the perfect time to hopefully be first in line and get disconnected twice! I am even more panicky. Now I am in full prayer mode. Well fortunately, God provided despite a weird mistake on my part.
Last night I was reading the news and I got chills. Apparently there was a shooting yesterday at Central and Vernon at 3pm. This is absolutely crazy. Because at the same time on Tuesday, I walked through the same intersection at the same time. I also worked at the school which they talked about and went into the Jack in the Box to get ice. It's bizarre. But I got almost cried when I read about this shooting. Was it because it was more personal? Was it because it was closer to home? Or maybe it was because it seems like somebody randomly shot a group of kids. Or maybe it was the way that many people felt it was normal. What to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment