Monday, February 25, 2008

Unexpected Gift

I joined the planning committee for summer trips. It has been pretty interesting. We have had the chance to invite others to join in what God is doing in different parts of the world. Pretty fun stuff.

The coolest thing is I get to travel to another country, to help check stuff out for sending teams there in the future. It's pretty fun because I think it's another instance of God providing me with an opportunity when I wasn't even expecting it. And it's been such an added bonus to get to know more people interested in this work.

I also had a pretty interesting weekend. On Friday night a friend and I went to hang out with some Italian guys. It was pretty fun. They made pasta and coffee Italian style. They also gave the most interesting audio visual presentation on Italy. I did not know that 75% of the world's fine arts is in Italy. I learned a lot of other interesting tidbits. What was most striking to me is how much it seems Italians value their traditions and have made efforts to preserve them.

No comments: