Friday, May 08, 2009

Second Semester

I'm done with my second semester!! I can't believe how much my life has changed in a little less than a year.

Second semester was way better than the first. I'm so glad that God provided an amazing study group. Not too big, not too small and always, always willing to study. Helped a lot. Even though we had 10 classes!! The whole semester was just an answer to prayer. I was actually able to be more involved in small group and with church activities. Of course, I didn't have time to do everything like when I was working, but it was way better than first semester. Also, I'm training with a classmate to run my second marathon!! That's been alot of fun. I don't have much time to train, but I love running, and the marathon is really motivating.

What else is new? I'm still frantically searching to buy a place in LA but it might not happen for three years. That doesn't stop me from searching though.

I'm pretty annoyed about the flu pandemic. Since we do we call it a pandemic when 2 people die of a disease? I know like 70ish people died in Mexico, but that was over like 2 months? What about the pandemics of malaria & dehydration that probably kill 70 people a day? so frustrating. But at least there are people out there spreading awareness. I really like most of the stuff Nicholas Kristof writes. I love the fact that he travels to all these places in Africa a couple of times a year. and sometimes takes George Clooney!

No comments: