I'm sort of training for my 3rd Marathon. I'm really excited because this year i'll be raising money for World Vision. Having the chance to witness firsthand the amazing development work they are doing in Malawi completely impressed me with their organization. Hopefully I'll post more details and links soon so you can donate.
I've been reading up on Haiti. It's so sad that they've suffered so much destruction in such a short time. What's amazing though is how people have responded so generously. My prayer is that people continue to give and pray, even when Haiti is not a front page story in a month or two. If you haven't donated to support the relief efforts in Haiti, consider donating with World Vision. The website is Worldvision.org/lovehaiti.
And finally in December I came across an amazing blog. Check out one couple's amazing and radical committment to spending less in order to give more. This is what I hope one day to do. Website address: thegiveblog.com
My final random point, I figured out how to use instant messenger on my phone. Goodbye high priced international texting, hello free instant messenging to friends all over the world. Of course this only works with people who actually have reliable and constant internet access.
No comments:
Post a Comment