Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Save Blue Like Jazz

You may not know this, but Don Miller is my favorite autor. I read Blue Like Jazz and I decided that I wanted to marry him. Unfortunately I've never met him and that has delayed my plans of marriage.

So I was moderately happy when he said he had made his movie into a book. Cuz I loved the book. Then he wrote a book about making the movie, which I read and I loved. Then he wrote on his blog that they didn't have money to make the move, and I was like so sad.

In a crazy turn of events, someone put the event on kickstarter and we(the fans) raised $345,000! In less than a month it was amazing to see and it made me so happy. I had the power to get a movie that I wanted to see made with only $12. Wow. This is why I love America. The funny thing is I probably won't go see it in the theatres because I don't want to pay $12 for that. But I wish Donald Miller sucess. I'm praying that he gets married soon, if not to me, then to someone almost as nice and cool.

And for a bit of personal information, I feel like this has been the year of weddings. Good friend in April, my sister in October and then another good friend in November. I'm hoping this means mine will be soon. First I need a boyfriend :)I feel safe posting that here because like maybe one guy reads this blog. And that might be overestimating.

2 comments:

Kaci Mae said...

Hi Kemi--I knew you liked Donald Miller but I didn't know you wanted to marry him. And, I didn't know your sister got married. That just means we need to catch up soon! I hope school is going well...thanks for your encouraging words about my knees...I was wondering what you would say to me about them. But I still haven't exercised one bit. So now you need to yell at me.

omo said...

well it's kind of funny because now there are two of us in my bstudy that want to marry him, and neither of us have ever spoken to him.