Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas?

Ok let’s get caught up on my life. I went to a beautiful wedding in November where I got to see some of my really good friends from college. Seeing her get married made me very happy because it makes it seem even more possible for me. I mean 5 years ago, it just seemed like marriage was unrealistic but now it seems very possible.

Yesterday I took my last final!! I’m so ready for a break, so it came at a really good time. Now I have 3 weeks to do whatever I want. Which includes sleeping, working and hanging out with as many friends as I can cram into my schedule.

Today I want to talk about something my church did called the Kingdom Assignment. It’s one of those things that seem like a really good idea but I don’t completely agree with how it was implemented. So the idea was to give 10 people $100, and challenge them to invest it in the kingdom. Then these 10 individuals returned to church 3 weeks later to report what they had chosen and how we could get involved. The reason I didn’t like it is I feel that as a church we are really scattered. We do this cuz it’s really cool, then next month it’s something completely different. I don’t feel like there is any continuity or development in these great ideas in the long term. So that’s my prayer that we will find one or two things to really focus and invest our energy in for the next 5-10 years.

No comments: