Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Year, new hope

Happy New Year!! So I'm not going to lie. 2012 kicked my butt. I was not able to complete the only class I needed to finish my program, I had a break in a pretty serious relationship and my bank account continued to edge closer to zero each day. Let's just say I was pretty disappointed with life and God by the time November rolled around. Thanksgiving was a challenge in faith. I had to really force myself to think of things to be thankful for. But after praying and thinking I was able to remember ways God has been faithful to me this year. I think my experiences this year really humbled me and showed me how little I know about God's ways and plans. My understanding was that because I was a good Christian I would acheive all my goals on my timetable. Well this year showed me the error in my thinking big time. I feel like I am finally getting the message that God doesn't always do what I want and that really good things can come from huge disappointments. Nevertheless, I am glad to start a new year and move forward to new things! The verse that God kept bringing me back to in 2012 was "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interest but each of you to the interest of others" Phil 2:3-4

No comments: