When I was in college, I made a great friend who ended up being my roommate for a year. It was a fun year as we both explored our interest in serving God and hopefully one day serving in missions. I also had the chance to meet one of her childhood friends. She was also interested in missions and pretty much answered the call and went to the mission field after college.
About one or two years of living overseas and serving as a missionary, she discovered that she had a tumor. She returned to the states, had a brain surgery and went right back to serving overseas. I remember how positive and joyful she was during this process. It was very surreal and it was inspiring to see her faith in action.
Early this year she started experiencing seizures. She returned to the states and was informed that once again she had a tumor and it would need to be removed. She posted on facebook about 2 months ago that the surgery would be performed by the same surgeon and the tumor removal process was supposed to be straightforward. And then the scary facebook updates started coming in. She wasn't able to check facebook and calls anymore. Then her family started posting updates and requesting prayer. It turns out she had an extreme reaction to an anti-seizure medication she was given, and 90% of her skin was burned off. Since then she has been transferred to an ICU that specializes in burns.
Please be praying for her. I can't even imagine what she and her family are going thru right now. I'm praying that she be healed very quickly from the burns so she can have her tumor removed. And hopefully very soon she will be back to normal. Able to talk, walk and move independently and painfree.
If you want to receive prayer updates from her family, click the link below.
http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/kkcpt
As you can imagine, the medical costs are quite high. If you would like to donate to help offset the costs , please click the link to the gofundme fundraising platform.
http://www.gofundme.com/prayfortolu
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment