Saturday, May 23, 2015

Race, Baltimore and Waco

I feel sad when I think of the senseless violence against Freddie Gray.  I have the utmost respect for police officers. They have a very dangerous job because they never know when an armed individual might decide to shoot them to avoid arrest. That being said, Freddie Gray didn’t have a gun. You already arrested him. So why did you refuse him medical attention? Why take him on a rough ride?


And then a few days ago, Waco happened.  I think this proves that sin is alive and well. Otherwise you could have a discussion, disagree and not to feel the need to shoot it out to resolve the issue.  But to me I was more disturbed by the reactions of people  who seemed happy that this tragedy occurred. It is absolutely essential to compare and contrast poliA fe ce actions during the  arrests in Baltimore and Waco.  But because all lives matter, I’m not happy that 9 people are dead.  To me it doesn’t matter whether or not they were called thugs, it matters that the disagreement ended in death.
 

No comments: