Today was a mixed day. As soon as I realized my bike was gone I wanted to go back to bed and skip the entire day. I was morose as I drove to work but I kept trying to snap out of it. After all, I was blessed to even be going to work today since I haven't been called for three days. Then when I get to work I find out there is a mixup. I've been assigned to a teacher who already called his friend to work for him. The friend does not want to leave but I have the assignment in the system. What to do? Well they decide to move me to a class that already has a sub, so he can be of more administrative assistance. This is good. But then I think through all the things I need to pay for in the next few days, and I get sad again. I've already spent all my money, don't get paid till next year, but need to take a cpr class, sign up for a test, sign up for the test prep class, buy some food,pay for a grad school application, pay the dentist, and send a couple of hundred of dollars to people that I already promised. What to do? Pray for a miracle!!
Anyways the reason why it's a mixed day, is that despite the work confusion, the loss of a bike and so on, the day isn't over yet. Some good stuff might happen tonite. And I'm thankful for the things that weren't stolen. My car, my phone, my computer, my clothes (ok i don't think anyone in their right mind would steal my clothes or computer). I've forgotten to lock my car and left the keys in the ignition all day and still found it in the parking lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment