Saturday I bought a bike for $10. Tuesday I got it fixed cuz it needed new wheels, and inner tube and so forth for $50. Yesterday I rode it about 15- 20 miles. I was excited about driving less, getting in shape and so on. This morning as I headed out my house at 7:20am it was gone. I didn't think it could disappear that quickly because it was inside our fence. Unfortunately, I didn't lock it up and it had my helmet, my lock, and a brand new basket. But I keep telling myself it's just a thing. I just wish I had been able to use it a little longer.
I have a lot of pet peeves. Here is one that I inherited from my father. I strongly, strongly dislike it when people say they have been to Africa or say they are from Africa. I always ask what country? what city? It's just so sad to me because there are 54 different countries, culture and language and people just lump them together. I understand that if you've never been there, you may not know different names. But if you have lived there or visited, you have no excuse. So please if you have traveled somewhere (and there is no issue of security) please tell us the name of the country. If people don't know the name, and they care, they'll ask where it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment