Monday, June 02, 2008

India

India has overtaken my life. I spend my time thinking about who to send letters to, planning logistics for the garage sale(stress), many hours a week with team members on training. So I now eat, breathe, drink, and sleep India. Only thing is life still goes on. I still have to go to work everyday, run personal errands talk to friends who are not going to India, and don't particularly care about India. I have about 10% of the money I need to go, so it's hard not to go into panic mode. Instead, I have to constantly remember that support raising is never easy but God always miraculously provides. The most important thing for me is to absolutely convinced that God wants me to go to this destination at this time and for this purpose.

I'm convinced that I am the greenest Nigerian living in the US. I ride my bike to work everyday, conserve water religiously, have started this giant compost pit in my backyard and recycle everything imaginable. The next thing I need is to figure out the most economical way to install solar panels in our house. I'm also very proud of myself because I'm working on convincing other family members to use alterative means of transportation.

No comments: