I guess today is the last day of spring break. How did I spend my week off? Working, Trying to study and enjoying free food. I wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but I decided that it was really important to rest my brain!!
The break was also cool, cuz it helped me realize that even though it's hard, I really like school. I like being challenged on a daily basis.
In other news, this year I am going to run the San Diego Marathon. You know me. I like running and I like fundraisers so this year I'm raising money for Tammy Gilbert. You don't know who she is, but she's an alum from my school, who is suffering from a pretty severe disease. She had to stop working cuz it got pretty bad, and doesn't qualify for disability yet. I'm excited that some other students will be running the marathon with me. I loved the marathon last year, but I think it will be even better with buddies!!
It's weird cuz this means I'm going to San Diego in March and in May. I can't believe I haven't been back since I moved away 2 years ago.
I'm still trying to buy a house. It's kind of crazy because I have no income. But hey, there is nothing wrong with trying. There are so many cool programs out there, eventually one has to work out for me.
I'm probably not going to write for a few months so I should make this really long. Let's see. I'm really loving my small group. We did a study on tithing last week and I'm really happy to see us continue grow in our desire to give. Plus we started volunteering with this local urban ministry and this is so much fun. What better way to give back than to serve with friends? Exciting times.
I'm trying to make this long but I can't think of anything else to say. Oh yeah, I am pretty annoyed by this whole AIG thing. First of all I didn't want to bail them out in the first place. I definitely don't want to help pay anyone who ran a company to the verge of bankruptcy million dollar bonuses. What gets me, is that teachers and others are losing their jobs and taking paycuts. And you, Mr. AIG executive get to keep a 6.5 million dollar bonus for doing your job? If that's not injustice then i don't know what is. I don't want us to pass any laws taxing them either. I just want them to do the right thing. Quit their job, give the money back, and have new honest people come in and clean up the mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment