Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finals, wedding

I finished finals on thursday.Yay! I think I passed everything but I won't know for sure till I get my grades.

Immediately afterwards I went to see my friend in Lake Forest, then I headed down o San Diego for my friends wedding.

The wedding was amazing!! I did not really look at the flowers, and the food at the reception was ok. But I loved the intentionality of the bride and groom.
1.I was a bridesmaid and I did not spend any money. The bride paid for the dress, shoes, jewelry and make-up. Unbelievable. Plus she paid for the bridesmaid luncheon, and the bridal shower. She really used her wedding as an opporutnity to serve her friends.

2.Bridesmaid selection. She chose women who were an encouragement to her in different areas of her christian faith. i.e the missions focused bridesmaid, the bridesmaid who started a legal assistance for refugees and so on. Very, very intentional. No one was selected because, oh you've been my friend for the longest.

3. No drama in the bridal party. No fighting over who wasn't a bridesmaid, positioning etc.

4. Awesome love from bride's and groom's family. My prayer is that my family will be welcoming to my husband, and that he will have an amazing and supportive family.

5. The bride's sister's husband's family all attended the wedding.

I don't know you probably don't think this is amazing but i was so encouraged every step of the way. One of the bridesmaids preached an amazing message to me in 5 minutes. I was instantly encouraged and challenged. I don't know I just loved the wedding because it's everything i hope to have in mine.

I also just realized that I never removed my camera from the bag. Oh well. I hope somebody took pictres at the wedding because I looked great!

No comments: