I've been a loyal Palm phone user for 4 years. This has actually been 5 phones due to loss, theft or malfunctioning. But I've been so dedicated. When the iphone came out, I didn't even think of leaving because Palm had been so good to me. Heavy, but I didn't complain. I knew it was a better phone and soon they would come out with a new version. Well 3 years after the iphone, they designed the palm pre. I was looking forward to it. Around the time it came out somebody stole my phone so I thought maybe this would be my chance to get the phone. Alas, the new phone required a new phone plan that cost $100/month. I decided to get the palm pro instead because no data plan, or specific spending per month was required.
Today I learned that Palm is looking for a buyer. My experience i think illustrates the many ways that they failed. I was waiting and looking forward to the phone only to be dissuaded by the high cost of the service plan. I guess they thought they were the next iphone and could demand people pay for an expensive new plan. But they didn't do a good job of hiding the cost or even of pulling in new and or loyal customers. Palm used to be the leader, but now few people know who they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment