Saturday, February 24, 2007

more complaints...

Two weeks ago, our family decided to do a phone swap with various family members. We'd discussed it for months, but there was no warning that it was going to happen on the specific day that it did. Even though I got my sister's old phone, which is a very snazzy device- I was messed up. I didn't have a sync cable. I thought it was a cable that I'd given to someone. I had a chance to go by a week later, found out that my old cable did not work for my phone! uugh. Ran to the store and bought a $40 sync cradle. I thought I had no other choice, and I really missed having my friends phone numbers on my phone. I had a super busy weekend so I didn't have a chance to even look at my computer.I attempted to use the sync cradle and found that you need a sync cable to use the sync cradle. Super expensive, but absolutely useless. Finally I tried my computer, and remembered that my cd drive is broken. Can't put software on the computer using the CD. Then I also remember that I don't have the internet connection at home, so I can't download the software. After almost two weeks of carrying around a big empty phone, I finally was able to find someone to help me. What was frustrating to me, were all the unhelpful people along the way. Today, after almost 10 hours trying to resolve this and other issues, two people went outside their job descriptions just to help out somebody who was suffering from too many technological challenges.

No comments: