Thursday, March 29, 2007

I forgot my password

I post so infrequently, have so many different passwords for emails, bank accounts, etc, that everytime i want to log into blogger, I have no idea what my password is.
Hopefully this time I won't forget, or I'll post more than once in a week, so it won't totally fly out of my brain.

Everytime I go back to the bay area, the trip has a different flavor. The last time I visited i only visited one friend from college. One! 2 or 3 years ago, I'd visit and I'd hang out with like 10 people. So most of my college friends have moved, or if they are still in the area we don't keep in touch. I spent a good chunk of time in Sac,where a lot of people I know from my trip overseas currently reside. Some of them are married, and it's just given me a whole new look on marriage. I had no idea it was so hard. Even some of my good friends who are in serious relationships, talking about marriage, are telling me how hard pre-engagement is. Of course, I love trying to avoid pain, so now I'm even more reluctant than before. I'm such a weird mix, I confuse myself sometimes! So I love romantic stories but I don't like romance directed at me. Isn't that weird? I don't get it.


Lately I've been thinking about two things. You know that verse where it says in essence, go sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor... for where your heart is there your treasure is? Well one of my friends shared his thoughts on that verse and I felt extremely challenged. I definitely am not pursuing the American dream. But is it enough to try and live a simple life. Old car, no house, low paying job? Or am I called to something more radical? Am I really being obedient to the commands of Jesus if I still have posessions? Is God satisfied with 10% of my income or does he require much more?

Next thing, I've been really surprised by all the people I met who've seen the documentary? 'Invisible Children'. What more can we do to help people besides watch sad movies? I mean I was extremely saddened by Hotel Rwanda, but felt no need to act to help the victims/survivors. More than ever I realize that guilt is not the best motive for action. I need to allow God to show me ways to get involved and be proactive. Buying a $1 cup of lemonade will not help me or the child soldiers. So what should I do? I don't know.

2 comments:

jieungrace said...

Kemi,

Thanks for coming over! I had a great time. It was so perfect that you came over when Abby was taking her nap. Otherwise, we would have not had a good smooth conversation! And I also got your text. YOU ROCK!

Love,

Jieun :)

omo said...

Abby and mom were tons of fun. plus Abby gave me a gift!