It's less than a month before I head back to Nigeria. I'm excited, nervous, expectant, worried, stressed ... Such strange emotions. But in many ways it's harder to be going somewhere that I've been, and back to my "own" culture. I feel it's much easier to go somewhere as an outsider, because there are no cultural or behavioral expectations of you. But thru the whole process I am realizing my need to depend on God. It is not because of my spirituality, intelligence, or appearance that I'm a minister of the Gospel. I definitely know that I'm not qualified to teach people who are older and more experienced than I am. As I realize how inadequate I am for the task in front of me it's forcing me to pray more. I'm praying for wisdom and power.
I think it will be a very interesting process to get ready for this trip. I went on Sunday to get my immunizations and it took 4.5 hours. Of course it was very frustrating because it was expensive, and I had to wait so long for it. On the other hand, I was able to get it done all in one day. The only task remaining for the immunizations is to get pills for malaria.
I'm really thankful to God, because this week, He helped me find a friend that I lost contact with. Because she's been moving around so much it's been really hard to get in touch with her. But this week she emailed me, and it was a huge answer to my prayers! Once again it was a reaffirmation that worrying about things is useless. Once I got to the point where I stopped worrying and trying all my solutions, I was at peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment