These days I’m learning a lot about self-acceptance. It’s hard to have this idea of what I should be. Each time I fall short I get all sad and feel guilty and it’s crippling. So along with changing my assumptions about other people, I’m working to change my thoughts about myself. This is the concept I learned from our church retreat. A famous guy said “God loves me as I am, not as I should be”. He loves me when I’m involved in 5 ministries, and even when I’m sitting at home doing nothing.
So I kept this journal cuz I wanted to update everyone in detail on my three weeks in Nigeria. But as I consider typing it up, I feel bored. If it’s boring to me, I can’t imagine that it’ll be interesting for my readers. But I will say this, doing ministry was fun in Nigeria. The four people I worked with (including one German) where very open and extremely willing to put the lessons into practice. I really enjoyed my time in the village even though I was sick for pretty much the whole week. I mean the pastors there have very little. With an average salary is about $80 a month, most are also farmers. But they are very committed to the church. It’s just that after working on the farm all day they have little energy for bible study and working with people in the congregation. Despite these obstacles they were eager to learn things to equip members of the church. They were so encouraged by the fact that we came to their village to collaborate. Trust me, it wasn’t fancy. The beauty that impressed me was from the hearts and minds of those we were blessed to work with.
No comments:
Post a Comment