Saturday, July 21, 2007

Truth

"If you hold to my teachings, you are truly My disciples. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Jesus.
It's like I've never seen it before because I've seen it so much. You know there are these things that Jesus promises and sometimes when I'm reading my eyes glaze over and I just completely miss it. Just because I say I'm disciple, doesn't make me one. Just cuz I feel like it, doesn't mean much either. It's what I do. And the more I am obedient to Christ's teaching, the more His truth will set me free.

So I think about my life, and how confused I'm always feeling. Is it because I don't hold to his teachings tightly? Is it because I don't do what I know I should? Instead I think alot about my feelings? I feel convicted every week. May we all do the right thing.

We had this big debate about whether JC was talking to believers or nonbelievers in this passage. But what I came to realize thru the discussion is that maybe they thought they were believers but their words and actions showed that they weren't.
.

No comments: