I truly enjoyed the month of December. I had the chance to spend quality time with a few friends which made it really, really special. I love going running/walking with friends. One thing that's always annoyed me is that it seems people always want to go out to eat to hangout. December was cool because I had the chance to hang out with people in noneating environments. Of course I'm going to like it because it's healthy and it's free!!
When I was in High School I wanted to ride my bike to school. My parents were absolutely against the idea so I had to ride the bus. Another reason December was cool, was because I got a bike and started riding it everywhere. This brings me a lot of pleasure because I get to exercise everyday, and save money on gas. I also want to publicly apologize to South LA. About 2 weeks ago, it appeared that my my bike was stolen. I found out this was not the case. But before finding the bike I felt very badly towards my neighborhood. I felt that it was wrong that somebody jumped the fence to steal a $10 bike. My thinking was that something like this would never happen on the Westside. Well I was wrong. Even in South LA people don't steal $10 bikes. Anyways today was very exciting for me cuz I biked to work. It took me about an hour to bike 8 miles! When I got to work I realized that this wasn't a new idea. I've been wanted to bike to work for awhile. So we'll see how long it lasts. I'll have to wake up super early to make it work. This is I think the biggest challenge.
In other news, I don't usually make a new year's resolution but I'm thinking about making one this year. Yesterday I decided to write down how much I spend everyday. I also made a budget for the month. Making a budget is always depressing because I usually have no money left after paying bills/ tithes for spending money. This is clearly unrealistic, and so I always end up spending money I don't have. I'm trying to resist that trend this month and avoid the credit cards. We'll see if it works.
No comments:
Post a Comment