Fear is not a good emotion. But it's sneaky. You're just minding your own business. Being practicical, cautious, safe and then you realize, hey this is just fear masquarading as something else. Then the cycle of chasing it out starts all over again. It doesn't help that sometimes friends and strangers just love to feed it. But I try to remain vigilant and keep all naysayers away.
I find encouragement in the strangest places. A few days ago, a blind man and a Louisiana transplant were having a conversation on the bus. Needless to say, I'm an unrepentant eavesdropper so I followed their conversation. Louisiana man was really encouraged by this blind man, who was pursuing an education. Louisiana man felt that if a blind man could do the education thing, well so could he. I had the chance to talk to Louisiana man, and I learned that his class ended at 7pm. Since we were on the bus at 10pm, it's crazy to think that he has a 6+ hour commute on the bus. But he's making it happen no matter what.