Thursday, September 01, 2005

Jobs and books

So this is the second job I've had where I have nothing to do because no one has time to train me. It's so incredible to me that I get paid to sit here. The hard thing about it is I could be doing so much but have to═ just sit here. However, the thing is that it is legal and it does pay!

What do I do with myself when I need to be working on something? I procastinate. What is the most effectiveand enjoyable way of procastinating for me? Reading books. During my job search and other stuff this monthI've probably read about 40 books. Oh well. But I wantto let you know that I don't buy books. The library is a wonderful institution, and I only know one personwho uses it as more than I do.Some of the books have been really good inspiring alot of thought, and others, well let's just say after writing a hundred books, some authors have nothing new to say. One book I didn't like was by one of Osama's sister-in-law. This book was in essence a gossipy old woman talking about how life did her wrong. I mean I had 0% sympathy for her. First, he marries a man from a Middle Eastern country and never considers that she might have to live there, and might need adjust to a non-Western culture. It seemedthat she believed that she would be able to change a culture she knew nothing about that. Second, itappears that she knows nothing about 1slam, did not try to find out, and thinks of it as pretty much superstition. Well why marry a man from a M1ddle Eastern country? I don't understand women.

No comments: