Thursday, September 14, 2006

Chr1st the L0rd

I just finished reading the book "Chr1st the L0rd" by Anne R1ce. It was an ok book. I have been interested in reading it because I heard the story of the author's return to the Christian faith. Rarely do popular secular authors become believers, and then use the pen to spread the message. I think the best part of the book was the author's notes at the end. There she discusses how she came to understand her fascination with history and the supernatural has an attempt to understand who Jesus was and his immense impact on the Roman world. An impact so huge that it still affects the world today. I think she did a great job of "humanizing" Jesus. I often think about what Jesus would have been like a boy. Was he popular? Did he have a best friend? Did he make mistakes? Did he get sick? I don't know. It just seems if he was fully divine from birth, he would have had a very strange childhood!

No comments: