I'm so excited that I'm going to have the chance to go to Nigeria this year. It's been my dream for almost 20 years so it's crazy to realize that it might, potentially possibly happen. I have hundreds of relatives to meet (my grandfather was a polygamist), a business that I want to start, a humanitarian project to work out... However I am only going to be there 10 days so I guess sleeping is a low priority! Oh yeah, and I still need to buy a ticket.
I think my dad should have been a comedian!! He came back to the US from overseas with a machete in a suitcase. Why? He wanted to be able to start clearing the yard as soon as he stepped off the plane. My dad flies a lot. And he always has adventures on the plane. Either they are harassing him, or he is sneaking stuff by the officials. The crazy thing is, I can't even imagine how he does it, because of the intense security in the airport nowadays.
I had an epiphany today. It is better to search out and highlight the good things in the world, in the church, in your family. Negativity is natural and most be actively discouraged. This is a lesson I have to relearn continually.
No comments:
Post a Comment