Wednesday, August 01, 2007
urban areas
I don't know why I have to keep telling folks that USC is not the ghetto, it's not the inner city. It is urban, it is no westwood or beverly hills but it's a nice area. A tad underdeveloped, but that's changing. I admit it, when I was in high school I didn't even apply to USC because I was a snob. But I've come to respect them so much because of their many partnerships with schools in the area. I don't know, even though I've witnessed so much, I have this love for the inner city- other areas i won't define. But i realize i'm strange. Others try to leave the places that I want to stay in. I guess I see things differently. These are some of the ways I see my dad in me. My dad will be happy living on a dollar a day in a shack anywhere in the world. He needs no car, he needs few clothes, a small amount of food and he's set. I'm not that extreme, probably cuz guys can get away with more stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment