I grew up going to a church where the pastor talked about money 95% of the time. I got pretty tired of it because, it was pretty repitive, and seemed pretty unbiblical. I mean how can you take one verse in Deuteronomy and preach about it every Sunday for a year? That experience made me very distrustful of churches when they start talking about money.
However, right now my church is doing a series on money and it's been really good. What's the difference? 1) They use the bible for examples to illustrate their months 2) They are teaching concepts about managing your money better. I really enjoyed the last message on 2 Corinthians 8-9:15. I feel that as Christians in this country, even though we have a lot of money, and we attend churches that talk alot about money, we still need to be more generous in our giving to God's work.
No comments:
Post a Comment