Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thank You

My confidence has been on a steady decline since 1996. I realize that this is not a good combination with my insecurities and difficulty making decisions. However, I am learning to love who God has made me to be, inadequacies and all. Anyways, I have an amazing group of friends who are very good cheerleaders. When I complain about various areas of lack in my life, they remind me that I'm not just wasting my life. It's a message I need a lot, because it's so easy to continually compare myself to other people.

I John 2:15-16 says "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyoone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him. For everything in the world- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of the eyes and the boasting of what he has and does comes not from the father, but the world." So whenever i'm feeling a little more attraction to the world that's when my life feels the most unsettled.

This is a week of thanksgiving, so I'm thankful for the friends in my life who constantly encourage, uplift and challenge me.

No comments: