Yesterday my small group and I went to help prepare a thanksgiving dinner. God is so good because this is something that I really, really wanted to to do this year, but I was having a hard time finding an organization to work with. Well someone emailed our small group, tons of people were interested, so we went.
This is a ministry that I've never heard of, but they are planning to feed 5000 people on thanksgiving. They've been cooking 150 turkeys a day since Sunday. I mean it was crazy to see that much food. But my hope and prayer is that for at least this one day, everybody who wants to finds someone to share a meal with.
I'm not sure how useful this exercise is for those reading my page, but it's been good for me to think about reasons I have to give thanks.
I'm thankful for the opportunities I have just because of my citizenship and educational background. I may not have money in the bank, but I have tons of supportive people in my life, and tons of ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment