Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving

This is the week of Thanksgiving, so I want to try and be deliberate about thanking God for blessings I have everyday this week.

Today I had an awesome day. I went to church and heard a sermon on relationships. One of my friends came with me, and we went to lunch afterwards and just had a sweet time hanging out. It was cool for me to remember that Christianity is not about going to church, it's about Jesus giving us the chance to have a relationship with God, and restoring broken relationships between people.

Then i took a nap. I've started taking a nap after church. I'm not sure why.

When I woke up, I really didn't want to go to this meeting of African Christians. I mean it can be fun sometimes, but many times we just talk and hang out and it feels purposeless. Well today we had this great discussion about the need to serve others. So hopefully we will start working on outreach projects to those in our communities, other Africans, and just people in need.

No comments: