Friday, May 23, 2008

Gas prices and election thoughts.

I bought a tank of gas yesterday. Thisis the first time I bought gas in 6 weeks. If you do the math that averages to about $7 or $8/ week for gas. When I started biking my plan was to have one tank of gas last two weeks. So I am very happy that I did better than I expected. I've only been driving one day a week or less. But two days ago my knees started hurting really bad. I decided to take a break and reevaluate my technique. I definitely do not want to get hurt because if I go to the hospital even once, then I haven't saved any money.

One of my friends was complaining about his disillusionment with Obama. He hoped that Obama would be a new kind of politician. My thing is, if Obama was truly a revolutionary, there is no way he could have made it this far. He can be a little different, but if he tries to be completely different, and he'll be more like a Ralph Nader candidate. Good ideas, but no chance of winning an election.

This week is the national conference for African Christian Youth Fellowship. I wasn't planning to go because I was discouraged by some of the clique like behavior I have experienced. Also I want the organization to be more focused on actually helping people who are still in Africa. But I went last night and it seems like it will be a little better this year. We'll see.

I'm glad folks seemed to like the video by Don Miller. Check out his website and consider adding his video to your blog if you have one. I also really like this project because it is something I would like to do. Alas the dates conflict with my India trip.

No comments: