Friday, May 09, 2008

Wright or rights?

After I published my post yesterday I realized I didn't say anything about Wright. The other day I was reading the blog of this white staff guy about a book he read by Wright. I was so excited that a white guy was reading and writing about Wright. Alas i realized that it wasn't Jeremiah Wright, it was N. T Wright.

I started reading this amazing blog called zeleza. On this blog I read an article by a woman claiming that she agrees with everything Wright said. I was stunned. I agree with some of the things he said but not all of them. Anyways that started me thinking about his claim that the US government inflicted AIDS on the black population. I started thinking about how the rate of Black women with HIV/AIDS is 13 times greater than the general population. I don't know if I would say the government is inflicting various diseases on the Black population. But I think it's increasingly clear that they don't really care and that's why in such an advanced country, we can have groups of people who have much higher rates of affliction with certain diseases.

I'm also really surprised that the media is now talking about Obama as the Democratic candidates. I don't really understand what changed from last week.

3 comments:

shaunistar said...

hillary barely won in indiana. obama kilt it n. carolina (i think that's where it was). some of her superdelgates are openly defecting to the other side. and, yes, the media likes to put their spin on everything regardless of the facts. i think they like hyping up the back and forth of an already tedious, laborious, seemingly neverending democratic race...

omo said...

that's the hard thing about reading the news. it's hard to tell when they are truly reporting and when they are doing pr and marketing.

margaret lee said...

omg. bryant is OBSESSED (like serious clinical obsession) with nt. wright!