It is very annoying that I can't check my hotmail/ gmail/ yahoo mail at work. I've been working with LAUSD for over 5 years and I just figured out this week how to use my LAUSD account. Of course I don't plan to give anybody the email address because I only plan to use it from 8am -2pm. I'm not sure why it is even important to mention this.
Someone posted an interesting link to an article about settling. I need to post that link on here too because I thought the article was very interesting. My friends and I have been talking about whether we are single because we are expecting the perfect man. I know I used to be really demanding, but I've definitely try to come back to reality. I can't be looking for perfection, because I am far from perfect myself. Honestly though, I can't even think of someone to settle for. Before you can discuss settling, you need someone to settle for. I definitely feel like it is much easier in non Western countries. Girl and guy reach about 18 years of age they get married and start having kids. Even if you are still in college or have a low paying job, since marriage is a priority everything works around that. Whereas here we think in the opposite way. We try to get a nice place to live, with a nice job and advanced education and then start thinking about marriage.
Whenever I start thinking about marriage, I start thinking about kids. I was having this conversation with a guy in Nigeria about how one of my relatives does not want to have children. He was absolutely shocked and said that America had corrupted that woman. I got really defensive because I understand where she was coming from, and I don't think her being American(because she is actually Nigerian in every way that counts) has anything to do with it. But I have been thinking about why it is that kids and marriage don't seem to always go together anymore. People get married for many reasons, but kids are usually an afterthought. Is this really the sign of being a developed and first world nation?
Speaking of kids, I've always been big into adoption. My dream was always to adopt a bunch of kids of different ethnicities and nationalities, so we could be like a mini United Nations family. However I was reading about this study that shows that black kids are messed up when they are adopted by white parents. So then I started thinking, is it a bad idea for me to adopt a bunch of different races? Will it kind of mess them up and cause a huge identity crisis later on in their lives? I mean living with a family is supposed to be be better than living in foster care, but I guess not by much.
No comments:
Post a Comment