I have a dream that one day I'll sell my car and rely mostly on biking for transportation. I've been trying to ease into this really slowly but it's hard. Earlier this week I realized that there is something seriously wrong with my car. I definitely do not want to get it fixed this month because that would put me over budget. So I pulled out my bike and I've been biking everywhere for 3 days. Only problem is, I go about 20 miles each day. Unfortunately, my butt does not seem to enjoy my biking. Additionally, biking everywhere takes a very long time and leaves you very tired. However, I am not deterred. I will get stronger, I will start taking iron again.
Yesterday night after some meeting in Palms, I was dreading going home around 10:30. I was absolutely tired and I wasn't sure if the bus had stopped running for the night. After I biked for 2 minutes, someone told me there was a bus coming in 15 minutes. I am not sure why I did not park the bike and wait for the bus. I decide to bike until I see a bus behind me. Unfortunately, a bus passed me after I'd biked for about 10 minutes. I was so annoyed that I missed it until I realized I couldn't get on that bus anyway because it already had two bikes. The bus has a bike rack that only has space for two bikes. I decided to walk to the next bus stop because my body felt absolutely wasted for biking at that point. When I got to the bus stop I settled down to wait for about an hour for the next bus. Luckily for me, a different bus came, which actually dropped me off closer to my house than the bus I missed would have. Interesting, no?
I started reading this random woman's blog. It's really, really good. She has 6 children and decided to try use income property to supplement her family income. Even though they bought a property with 7 units for $35,000, they still couldn't turn a profit because of all the hassles involved with dealing with uncooperative tenants and ongoing and expensive repairs. This is very interesting because I planned to do something quite similar. I'm trying to decide if God is trying to tell me something or if this is just a random coincidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment